Derek From, B.R.S., B.A. (Hon), J.D., is Legal Counsel for the Canadian Constitution Foundation. After graduating with a Bachelor in Religious Studies from Briercrest College, he completed a degree in philosophy at the University of Waterloo. As a musician who has worked with many different record labels in the last ten years, he is interested in copyright law.
Recent Research by Derek From
- Read the Full Publication
- Chapter 1 - Why Do We Measure Freedom?
- Chapter 2 - Human Freedom from Pericles to Measurement
- Chapter 3 - An Index of Freedom in the World
- Chapter 4 - Measuring Individual Freedom: Actions and Rights as Indicators of Individual Liberty
- Chapter 5 - A Compact Statement of a Cost-based Theory of Rights and Freedom
- Chapter 6 - Conditions for Freedom
- Chapter 7 - Evolution and Freedom
- Chapter 8 - Liberty in Comparative Perspective
- Chapter 9 - The Evisceration of Liberty in Canadian Courts
- Chapter 10 - From Fighting the Drug War to Protecting the Right to Use Drugs