– Senior Fellow, Fraser Institute
Philip Cross spent 36 years at Statistics Canada, the last few years as its Chief Economic Analyst. He wrote Statistics Canada's monthly assessment of the economy for years, as well as many feature articles for the Canadian Economic Observer. After leaving Statistics Canada, he worked for the Macdonald-Laurier Institute. He has been widely-quoted over the years, and now writes a bi-weekly column for the National Post and other papers.
Recent Research by Philip Cross
- Chapter 1: When is it Appropriate to Run Budget Deficits?
- Chapter 2: James M. Buchanan and the Political Economy of Debt Financing
- Chapter 3: Low Interest Rates and the Cost of Government Debt
- Chapter 4: Canada's Budget and Deficit Cuts in the Late 20th Century: An Amazing Success Story
- Read the News Release - Chapter 1 and 2
- Read the News Release - Chapter 3 and 4