Student Leaders Colloquium
The Student Leaders Colloquium is a 3-day, expense-paid, invitation-only event held at the Fraser Institute’s head office in Vancouver, BC. Fraser Institute policy staff and Senior Fellows will join students in sessions covering a wide array of complex public policy issues. Free, open, and thoughtful discussions are encouraged. Graduates of the program have gone on to hold executive-level roles in leading think tanks, business, and government.
If you or someone you know is looking to develop leadership skills, become more immersed in economics and policy, and broaden their network, this three-day immersive course is a great place to start. Apply by March 4, 2022, to be considered for this exclusive opportunity.
Please note: This opportunity is available for students studying in Canada from any academic discipline. Students are selected based on their ability to contribute to the discussion and their potential to be future leaders. In addition to those who are actively involved in campus, local, provincial, and federal politics, we choose students pursuing careers in journalism, law, entrepreneurship, commerce, and medicine, just to name a few. Preference is given to those who attend one of our student webinars
Upcoming Student Leaders Colloquium:
June 9-12, 2022
The Fraser Institute
- Return transportation (airfare, train, bus) from the closest major airport to Vancouver
- Return transportation via the Canada Line from YVR airport to the hotel
- Return transportation from hotel to conference location (Fraser Institute Office)
- Accommodation for 3 nights
- Attendance at the Student Leaders Colloquium conference
- Two breakfasts, two lunches, a closing dinner, and a happy hour with Fraser Institute policy staff
Students studying in Canada are encouraged to apply throughout the academic 2021/2022 year. Please note that outstanding students that have attended our student webinars will be given preference.
In addition to this, you must also:
- Be a current student enrolled in college or university, or recently graduated this academic year, between the ages of 19 and 30.
- Be a resident of Canada.
- Be ready and prepared to actively participate throughout the duration of the 3-day conference.
The application deadline has now passed. Successful applicants will be notified by April 1, 2022
Please contact Tanya Nelson at [email protected] or 1-800-665-3558/604-688-0221 ext. 549.
Contact Education Programs
For more information, email [email protected]