Student Leaders Colloquium
The Student Leaders Colloquium is a 3-day expense-paid annual conference held in Vancouver, BC. The conference for advanced students focuses discussion and debate on complex economic policy issues. Institute policy staff will join the 20 student participants in a relaxed atmosphere where free, open, and thoughtful discussions are encouraged. Although the Student Leaders Colloquium has a degree of structure with assigned discussion topics, the interests of the participants themselves determine the direction of the conversation.
Outstanding students identified at the student seminars throughout the year are invited to apply for this program, and are selected based on their potential to be future leaders. In addition to those who are actively involved in campus, local, provincial, and federal politics, we choose students pursuing careers in journalism, law, entrepreneurship, commerce, and medicine, just to name a few. Through this program, these future decision makers and opinion leaders are trained to be articulate defenders of markets and liberty.
Upcoming Student Leaders Colloquium:
June 11-14, 2019
The Fraser Institute
- Return transportation (airfare, train, bus) from the closest major airport to Vancouver
- Return transportation via the Canada Line from YVR airport to the hotel
- Return transportation from hotel to conference location (Fraser Institute Office)
- Shared hotel accommodation for 2 nights
- Attendance at the Student Leaders Colloquium conference
- Two breakfasts, two lunches, a dinner, and a reception with Fraser Institute policy staff
You must be invited to apply for attendance at this conference. In order to be invited to apply, you were identified as an outstanding student at one of our seminars this past academic year. Such students stand out during the seminar by actively and enthusiastically participating in break-out groups and during Q&A. In addition to this, you must also:
- Be a current student enrolled in college or university, or recently graduated this academic year, between the ages of 17 and 30.
- Be a resident of Canada.
- If you are under 18, you must have a parent/guardian sign a consent form.
- Be ready and prepared to actively participate throughout the duration for the 3-day conference.
Please Note: If all of the above applies, your name will be added onto a list accumulated throughout the academic year, and you will be contacted with an invite to apply.
Please contact Rachel Osterman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-665-3558/604-688-0221 ext. 554.