Generosity in Canada: The 2021 Generosity Index
— Publié le 7, December, 2021
- Manitoba had the highest percentage of tax filers that donated to charity among the provinces (21.9%) during the 2019 tax year while Newfoundland & Labrador had the lowest (17.1%).
- Manitoba also donated the highest percentage of its aggregate income to charity among the provinces (0.74%) while Quebec donated the lowest (0.24%).
- Nationally, the percentage of Canadian tax filers donating to charity has fallen over the last decade from 23.1% in 2009 to 19.0% in 2019.
- The percentage of aggregate income donated to charity by Canadian tax filers has also decreased from 0.58% in 2009 to 0.53% in 2019.
- This decline in generosity in Canada undoubtedly limits the ability of Canadian charities to improve the quality of life in their communities and beyond.