Data Collection Assistant (Three-Month Contract)
The Institute’s Health Policy Research Centre has an opening for a temporary Data Collection Assistant.
Join us in our mission to improve the quality of life for Canadians. If it matters, we measure it and we believe medical wait times in Canada impact all Canadians. This position will assist in a critical project which measures the Wait Times for Health Care in Canada.
Here’s what you’ll do:
You will work on a full-time three-month contract assisting with the data collection for Waiting Your Turn, the Institute’s annual study on medical wait times. This will involve calling medical offices and hospitals to survey wait times for treatment across Canada.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are able to present yourself in a professional demeanor. You are also confident in conducting phone surveys and have a desire to assist in the research project.
- You’re an ambitious go-getter with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- You have the ability to work independently, manage your time efficiently, and have experience using MS Word and MS Excel.
- Knowledge of The Fraser Institute considered an asset.
- You are available on a full-time basis from April 20th to July 20th.
- Experience with survey data collection is an asset.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work alongside some of the most accomplished policy experts in the country.
- Great work culture in an active learning environment.
- Salary: The rate of remuneration is $15 per hour.
The Fraser Institute
1770 Burrard Street, 4th Floor
Vancouver, BC V6J 3G7
Please send your résumé and cover letter in one document with “Data Collection Assistant, Three-Month Contract” in the subject line to [email protected]. We thank all candidates who wish to apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.