The Fraser Institute has an opening for an innovative, enthusiastic Development Assistant who is looking for a rewarding and challenging career opportunity with room for rapid growth in a team of talented, nimble, results driven professionals, raising in excess of $10 million annually.
This position is ideal for an entry level fundraiser, who is a team player, has great interpersonal skills, learns quickly and has an interest in fundraising and public policy. The Development Assistant will be exposed to a variety of tasks essential to the success of the Development team.
Role & Responsibilities
- You will communicate with our donors through various channels, including responding to inquiries from donors/prospects answering and redirecting as appropriate, contacting donors for additional information or to thank them for their contributions, sending out emails, sending out thank you cards etc.
- You will process incoming donations ensuring accuracy in records management, account coding and filing
- You will provide general support for our annual giving program, distribution of in-house mailings, online and planned giving programs
- You will maintain our donor records within Raiser’s Edge as assigned
- You will support other exciting projects in our Development department and provide collegial support to other department as requested
- Please note that this position requires being in the Fraser Institute office 1-2 times per week
- You are enrolled in or a recent graduate of a university or college degree in Marketing, Communications, Fundraising, Business, or related fields or a combination of work experience and education
- You have a passion for fundraising/public policy and are looking for rapid growth in your career
- You have excellent written communication skills including writing and editing business correspondence
- You are a strong verbal communicator and have great interpersonal skills
- You are highly organized and able to handle multiple tasks under short deadlines
- You are proficient in using MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- You have experience in database administration (Raiser’s Edge preferred)
- You thrive in a group environment, working closely with others to achieve group targets
What we offer
- A collegial remote work environment that encourages sharing ideas and learning
- An opportunity to work alongside some of the most accomplished policy experts in the country
- Professional development and advancement opportunities
- An attractive compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits, a fitness benefit and a great RRSP plan
The Fraser Institute
1770 Burrard Street, 4th Floor
Vancouver, BC V6J 3G7
Please email your resumé and cover letter (including salary expectations) to [email protected] with the subject line “Development Assistant.” Application deadline: May 9th, 2021 Applications will be reviewed as they are received and interviewing will commence the week of May 3rd, 2021.
We thank all candidates who wish to apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.