Digital Marketing Coordinator
The Fraser Institute has an opening for a Digital Marketing Coordinator to work out of our Vancouver or Calgary office. This is an excellent opportunity for a creative, organized individual who is passionate about all things digital and looking to work with a close knit team of marketing and communications professionals.
Working with the Institute’s Marketing and Communications team, the Digital Marketing Coordinator will help us engage with our social media audiences by maintaining and expanding our strong online presence. This is a hands-on role which will actively pursue new opportunities to connect with Canadians on public policy issues. The position is ideal for a team-oriented individual who has the ability to collaborate with the Marketing and Communications team to implement online marketing strategies to increase web traffic through social media accounts and other forms of digital media.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Manage, create, and curate content for accounts on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms.
- As part of a team, design posts to create a buzz online around the Institute’s policy research, programs and events.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of our social media channels including monitoring online conversations.
- Develop and maintain a social media calendar, effectively engaging with the online community.
- Assist in planning and executing marketing campaigns.
- Launch, maintain, and optimize paid digital media campaigns on various platforms.
- Assist with email marketing campaigns.
- Create monthly reports, including content performance and audience behaviours.
- Leverage monitoring tools to analyze performance of campaigns and adapt strategies to improve efficiencies and effectiveness of campaigns accordingly.
- Assist with competitor/market analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- You have at least 1 year of experience in a similar role or have completed a Digital Marketing/Social Media program.
- You have a deep understanding of, and experience using, various social media networks.
- You have experience using Facebook Business Manager and online advertising platforms.
- You are passionate about public policy and how it affects peoples’ lives.
- You have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and you are a strategic and creative thinker.
- You’re an ambitious go-getter with strong organizational and project management skills, with a demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, prioritize, work to deadlines and you are excited to learn and grow with the organization.
- You are eager to learn new skills.
- Experience with graphic and video design [Adobe] is a strong asset.
- A post-secondary education in Digital Marketing or Communications is a strong asset.
What we offer:
- A collegial work environment that encourages sharing ideas and learning.
- A hybrid work model, that allows you to work from home and from our office.
- An opportunity to work alongside some of the most accomplished policy experts in the country.
- Professional development and advancement opportunities.
- An attractive compensation package, which includes extended health and dental benefits coverage and a great RRSP plan.
The Fraser Institute
1770 Burrard Street, 4th Floor
Vancouver, BC V6J 3G7
Please email your resumé and cover letter (including salary expectations) to: [email protected] with the subject line “Digital Marketing Coordinator.”
Application deadline: October 25th, 2021.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and interviewing will commence the week of October 20th, 2021.
We thank all candidates who wish to apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.