Education Programs Coordinator
Do you enjoy events and engaging in educational opportunities? Do you have an interest in economics and public policy? We do too! As a result of our growth, the Fraser Institute is seeking an enthusiastic and energetic person to join its Education Programs team in Vancouver.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Education Programs, this position will plan and execute a diverse set of programs aimed at Canadian high school and university students, teachers, and journalists. This position is ideal for an innovative, highly organized individual, who exercises mature judgment, thinks quickly on their feet, and is capable of meeting program objectives.
Please note, this position is based out of our Fraser Institute’s headquarters in Vancouver with the ability for flexible work-from-home days and hybrid work weeks.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Manage a diverse portfolio of online, in-person, and hybrid events ranging from multi-day conferences to one-hour webinars, and everything in between.
- Work with event venues, AV contractors, caterers, hotels, travel providers, marketing/communication professionals and other Fraser Institute departments to support the planning, marketing, budgeting and execution of assigned projects, from start to finish.
- Act as the primary contact for attendees, speakers, and event partners.
- Identify marketing and outreach opportunities.
- Draft email content and event summaries.
- Complete data collection, post-program reporting and survey analysis.
- You have a minimum 1-2 years’ experience in programming/events with a post-secondary degree in Economics, Political Science, Business, Education OR a degree in another field but you have experience delivering programs/events and are interested in economics and public policy issues.
- You are a team player who thrives working in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment and you have an eye for detail.
- You are willing to travel and work evenings/weekends as required.
- You are outgoing and confident, able to publicly introduce speakers and staff at events when required.
- You enjoy staying informed on public policy issues, and believe that Canadians should have a sound understanding of economics and public policy.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are able to present yourself in a professional demeanor.
- You are a people person with a can-do attitude who enjoys the challenge of problem solving.
- You have a strong sense of personal initiative and ownership and can juggle multiple deadlines.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to work alongside some of the most accomplished policy experts in Canada and around the world.
- A collegial work environment that encourages sharing ideas and learning.
- Professional development and advancement opportunities.
- An attractive compensation package which includes a bonus program, extended health and dental benefits, fitness benefit, and a great RRSP program.
The Fraser Institute
1770 Burrard Street, 4th Floor
Vancouver, BC V6J 3G7
If you are looking for a rewarding and challenging career opportunity with room to grow in a team of talented, results-driven professionals, please email your resume, a cover letter (with salary expectations), and a writing sample from an academic or professional setting in a single PDF to the Director, Human Resources at: [email protected] with the subject line “Education Programs Coordinator”.
The Fraser Institute is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free work environment and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Workplace accommodations are available should you be contacted regarding this opportunity. Please advise Human Resources of any requirements at that time.
Application Deadline: Monday, July 4, 2022
Please note, we will be reviewing applicants as they are received. While we thank all candidates who wish to apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.