The Fraser Institute has an opening for an Event Coordinator in our Vancouver office. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly organized individual with an interest in corporate and professional events.
This is an exciting position which supports the Institute's development (fundraising) initiatives with some of Canada's most prominent business leaders. Reporting to the Manager of Development Events, this position will assist with the planning and execution of the Institute's development events across Canada. The position is ideal for an innovative, highly organized individual, who possesses integrity, confidence, enthusiasm, initiative, and professionalism.
Here's what you'll do:
- Work closely with the Manager of Development Events in the execution of the Institute’s major events across Canada (galas, retreats, AGM etc.).
- Lead the planning and execution of smaller development events (private dinners, public seminars etc.) from start to finish.
- In conjunction with the Manager of Development Events, look for opportunities to further develop and expand the Development Events department.
- Explore opportunities for marketing our public events.
- Conduct phone campaigns following up with event invites and securing ticket and table sales for events.
- Other responsibilities assigned by the Manager of Development Events.
- Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in events. Experience executing or supporting corporate, professional, or VIP events preferred.
- You have a post-secondary degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or related fields. A combination of work experience and education may be considered.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are able to present yourself in a professional demeanor.
- You are highly self-motivated and have a strong sense of personal initiative and ownership.
- You have practical knowledge and experience with creative design software including working with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator).
- You're an ambitious go-getter with strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with a demonstrated ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, prioritize, work to deadlines, and you are excited to learn and grow with the organization.
- Willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work alongside some of the most accomplished policy experts and business leaders in the country.
- Great work culture in an active learning environment.
- Training and career development opportunities.
- An attractive compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits, MSP coverage and a great RRSP plan.
The Fraser Institute
1770 Burrard Street, 4th Floor
Vancouver, BC V6J 3G7
Please email your resumé and cover letter (including salary expectations) to the Associate Director, Human Resources at: email@example.com with the subject line “Event Coordinator” Application deadline: January 27th, 2019.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and interviewing will commence the week of January 21st, 2019.
We thank all candidates who wish to apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.