Human Resources Generalist
The Fraser Institute has a full-time opening for an HR Generalist in our Vancouver office. This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated team player with an interest in supporting the core day-to-day operations of the HR department and contributing to the overall goals of the Institute.
This is an exciting position which supports the Institute’s most important asset: our people. Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, this position will support in all areas of HR including recruitment, onboarding, total compensation, performance management, training and development, legislative compliance as well as assist with special HR projects and employee events. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills and a proven ability to maintain confidentiality, build trust and create positive working relationships.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Full-cycle recruitment for entry to mid-level positions, including developing/revising job postings, posting positions, shortlisting candidates, conducting interviews, preparing offer letters and onboarding.
- Handle all HR administration and respond to HR inquiries.
- Administer performance review processes, provide assistance to directors and employees and ensure timely and accurate completion of all documents.
- Plan and coordinate employee training and development events and organize staff appreciation events.
- Manage benefits and compensation administration.
- In conjunction with the Director, Human Resources, identify opportunities to further develop and expand HR initiatives, processes and programs.
- Assist with the day-to-day management of all Fraser Institute offices.
- Actively participate on the Health & Safety committee.
- Other responsibilities assigned by the Director, Human Resources.
- You have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role. Experience in full-cycle recruitment preferred.
- You have a post-secondary degree in Human Resources or a related field. A combination of work experience and education may be considered.
- You have a good understanding of legislation, employment standards and OHS standards in BC.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are able to present yourself in a professional demeanor.
- You have the ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information.
- You are highly self-motivated and have a strong sense of personal initiative and ownership.
- You’re an ambitious go-getter with strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with a demonstrated ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, prioritize, work to deadlines, are always looking for opportunities to improve and you are excited to learn and grow with the organization.
What we offer:
- A hybrid work environment, that offers the ability to work from our beautiful office in Kitsilano and from home.
- Opportunity to work alongside a great team of professionals.
- Great work culture in an active learning environment with training and career development opportunities.
- An attractive compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits, a fitness credit and a great RRSP plan.
The Fraser Institute
1770 Burrard Street, 4th Floor
Vancouver, BC V6J 3G7
Please email your resumé and cover letter (including salary expectations) to the Director, Human Resources at: [email protected] with the subject line “HR Generalist” Application deadline: May 30th, 2022.
We thank all candidates who wish to apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.