Manager, Digital and Annual Giving
The Fraser Institute has an opening in our Vancouver office for a creative, strategic thinker who is looking for a rewarding and challenging career opportunity with room to grow in a team of talented, results-driven professionals, raising in excess of $12 million annually.
Reporting directly to the President, the Manager, Digital and Annual Giving will manage the following fundraising programs: online giving, digital giving, direct mail, and monthly giving. This position is ideal for a team-oriented individual who has the ability to collaborate with various departments across the Institute (Development, Marketing and Communications) to implement online fundraising strategies and expand traditional fundraising campaigns to raise funds and contribute to the success of the Institute’s Development department.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Support and contribute to an annual plan for communications and correspondence with our donors for the following fundraising programs: online giving, digital giving, direct mail, and monthly giving.
- Create, write and edit compelling, engaging and integrated content for multi-channel purposes.
- Digital Giving:
- Strategize, develop, and implement digital giving strategies that are in line with the Institute’s goals.
- Once implemented, execute and expand digital giving campaigns including donation and confirmation pages, email campaigns and text to give campaigns.
- In collaboration with Marketing and Communications, develop acquisition programs using sign-up pages, online search marketing and social media advertising.
- Use monitoring tools to analyze the performance of campaigns and adapt strategies accordingly.
- Stay current on the emerging trends and standards in digital and social media fundraising, online tax receipting and thank-you processes.
- Traditional Giving:
- Manage and expand the direct mail program ensuring alignment with strategic messages used as part of overall organizational outreach efforts.
- Strategize, plan, and carry out the monthly/planned giving program with a focus on stewardship and increasing enrolment and donor retention.
- Provide collegial support to the Development department and other departments as requested.
- You have worked in the non-profit sector in a digital fundraising or similar role for a minimum of 3 years’ and are skilled in social media, online engagement and communications.
- You have a post-secondary degree/diploma in Fundraising, (Digital) Marketing, Communications, Business, or related fields. A combination of work experience and education may be considered.
- You are a strategic and creative thinker, with the ability to effectively develop, manage and execute strategies.
- You have professional writing and editing experience, including writing and editing engaging content for direct mail and email campaigns.
- You have excellent verbal communication skills and are able to present yourself in a professional, confident manner.
- You’re an ambitious go-getter with strong organizational skills and you pay close attention to detail, with a demonstrated ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, prioritize, work to deadlines, and you are excited to learn and grow with the organization.
- You have experience with fundraising software including Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce.
- You have experience with a comprehensive direct mail program.
- You have experience in a management role, overseeing staff.
What we offer:
- A collegial work environment that encourages sharing ideas and learning.
- An opportunity to work alongside some of the most accomplished policy experts in the country.
- Professional development and advancement opportunities.
- An attractive compensation package which includes a bonus program, extended health and dental benefits, MSP coverage, a fitness benefit and a great RRSP plan.
The Fraser Institute
1770 Burrard Street, 4th Floor
Vancouver, BC V6J 3G7
If you are a digital engagement professional who has a passion for fundraising and an interest in public policy, we’d like to hear from you.
Please email your resume and cover letter (including salary expectations) to the Associate Director, HR at: email@example.com with the subject line “Manager, Digital and Annual Giving.”
Application deadline: February 28th, 2019. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
We thank all candidates who wish to apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.