The Fraser Institute has a full-time opening for an Office Administrator in our Vancouver office, located in the heart of Kitsilano. This is an exciting position which supports the Institute’s most important asset: our people. This position is ideal for a highly organized, hands-on, administrative professional who enjoys assisting others and has a positive can-do attitude.
Here's what you’ll do:
- As the first face/voice of the Fraser Institute, you will greet our employees, donors, and visitors as they arrive at our office and answer/redirect inquires when they call.
- You will be responsible for coordinating all incoming and outgoing mail/courier packages and maintaining and ordering office supplies across all FI offices (Vancouver, Calgary & Toronto), which includes liaising with staff on needs, placing orders, maintaining inventory and negotiating rates.
- You will be responsible for helping maintain a positive work environment and culture, through assisting with internal staff events such as potlucks, quarterly lunches, staff planning sessions and our holiday party. This will include assisting with staff travel from satellite offices, which includes booking their travel and hotel and setting up work stations for satellite office employees.
- You will be responsible for maintaining the common areas of the office (kitchen, mailroom, meeting rooms, foyer) and assist with trouble-shooting of day-to-day building issues (elevator access, floor closures, equipment maintenance).
- You will actively participate on the Health & Safety committee and maintain first aid kits and supplies.
- You will provide back-up support for other administrative roles across the Institute, including accounting support which includes cash book entries, processing donations and ticket sales when required.
- Other responsibilities assigned by the Associate Director, Human Resources.
- You have a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- You have a professional, positive demeanor with excellent communication and customer service skills.
- You have a can-do attitude, anticipate needs and take action and you are willing to roll up your sleeves and lend a hand whenever colleagues need you.
- You are highly self-motivated and have a strong sense of personal initiative and ownership.
- You have the ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information.
- You're an ambitious go-getter with strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with a demonstrated ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, prioritize, work to deadlines, and you are excited to learn and grow with our organization.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work alongside a great team of professionals.
- Great work culture in an active learning environment.
- Training and career development opportunities.
- An attractive compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits, a fitness benefit, MSP coverage and a great RRSP plan.
The Fraser Institute
1770 Burrard Street, 4th Floor
Vancouver, BC V6J 3G7
Please email your resumé and cover letter (including salary expectations) to the Associate Director, Human Resources at: email@example.com with the subject line “Office Administrator”.
We thank all candidates who wish to apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.