Researcher, Centre for Natural Resources
The Fraser Institute has an opening for a qualified researcher in our Centre for Natural Resource Studies, which includes both environmental and energy research. The level of the position will depend on the experience and education of the successful applicant but can range from junior to senior. This position is ideal for a strong writer and researcher, with an interest in public policy and background in economics or a related discipline, who values an active learning environment and is looking for a rewarding and challenging career with room for advancement in a team of policy experts.
Reporting to the Director, Natural Resource Studies, the researcher will play a critical role in executing the research agenda for the Fraser Institute’s Natural Resource Centre.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Work collaboratively to research and write policy papers, including conducting statistical analysis and communicating the findings of your research through various media channels;
- Undertake research on energy and environmental-specific issues;
- Write op-eds and blogs; and
- Stay up-to-date on issues related to the research centre’s areas of responsibilities.
- You believe in our mission and want to help improve the quality of life for Canadians their families, and future generations by studying, measuring, and sharing research.
- You have a masters’ degree in economics or a related field.
- You have strong writing skills and depending on your experience level, a proven record of producing written products on time.
- You’re committed to empirical, evidence-based policy.
- You have strong communication skills including the ability to write in a clear manner to a non-technical audience.
- You have the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- You’re able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to work alongside some of the most accomplished policy experts in the country.
- A great work culture in an active learning environment.
- An opportunity to make a difference.
- An attractive compensation package, which includes extended health and dental benefits and a great RRSP plan.
The Fraser Institute
1770 Burrard Street, 4th Floor
Vancouver, BC V6J 3G7
Please email your résumé and cover letter (including salary expectations) to the Human Resources Coordinator at: [email protected] with the subject line “Natural Resource Researcher”. We thank all candidates who wish to apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The posting will remain open until December 15, 2022.
The Fraser Institute is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free work environment and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Workplace accommodations are available should you be contacted regarding this opportunity. Please advise Human Resources of any requirements at that time.