The Fraser Institute has an opening in our Vancouver office for a Senior Accountant who is self-motivated, enjoys working with numbers and is looking for a rewarding and challenging career opportunity with room to grow in a team of talented, results-driven professionals.
Reporting directly to the Director of Finance, the Senior Accountant is a multi-faceted role, that includes full-cycle accounting, month and year-end reporting, financial analysis and payroll administration. This role is ideal for a financial professional who is analytical, driven, and wants to be involved in all aspects of the organization’s Finance and Accounting team.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Full-cycle accounting and financial reporting activities including balance sheet reconciliations, income statement analysis, fixed asset management and tracking.
- Month-end and year-end support including the preparation and posting of journal entries, account analysis, cash flow projections, audit preparation and internal control maintenance.
- Prepare government/compliance reporting and remittances (GST, Non-Resident taxes).
- Reconcile bank and G/L accounts and monitor cash flow.
- Assist with monthly financial statement and preparation, working papers and analysis.
- Arranges for on-time completion and filings of GST, PST, WCB, NRT tax returns, and statistics questionnaires.
- Annual CRA reporting for NR and T5 summary and issuance of T4A-NR’s and T5’s.
- Assist with semi-monthly payroll and administration.
- Maintain accounting and payroll files and documentation in compliance with CRA and audit requirements.
- Ensure compliance with Finance & Accounting’s policies and procedures.
- Provide collegial support to the finance team and other departments as requested.
- Provide back-up support for the Finance & Accounting team.
- Assist with projects and other duties as assigned.
- You have your CPA designation.
- You have 5+ years’ relevant experience, with some of that experience being in a non-profit organization.
- You are proficient with Microsoft Excel and Sage 300.
- You are highly self-motivated and have a strong sense of personal initiative and ownership.
- You are able to handle confidential information discreetly.
- You’re an ambitious go-getter with strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with a demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, manage multiple tasks, prioritize, work to deadlines, and you are excited to learn and grow with the organization.
What we offer:
- A collegial work environment that encourages sharing ideas and learning.
- An opportunity to work alongside some of the most accomplished policy experts in the country.
- Professional development and advancement opportunities.
- An attractive compensation package which includes a bonus program, extended health and dental benefits, MSP coverage, a fitness benefit and a great RRSP plan.
The Fraser Institute
1770 Burrard Street, 4th Floor
Vancouver, BC V6J 3G7
Please email your resume and cover letter (including salary expectations) to the Associate Director, HR at: email@example.com with the subject line “Senior Accountant.”
Application deadline: March 25th, 2019. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
We thank all candidates who wish to apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.