The Fraser Institute has an opening in our Vancouver office for a Senior Accountant who is self-motivated, enjoys working with numbers and is looking for a rewarding and challenging career opportunity with room to grow in a team of talented, results-driven professionals.
Reporting directly to the Director of Finance, the Senior Accountant is a multi-faceted role, that includes full-cycle accounting, month and year-end reporting and financial analysis. This role is ideal for a financial professional who is analytical, driven, and wants to be involved in all aspects of the organization’s Finance and Accounting team.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Full-cycle accounting and financial reporting activities including balance sheet reconciliations, income statement analysis, fixed asset management and tracking.
- Month-end and year-end support including the preparation and posting of journal entries, account analysis, audit preparation and internal control maintenance.
- Prepare government/compliance reporting and remittances (GST, Non-Resident taxes).
- Reconcile banks, credit cards and G/L accounts.
- Assist with monthly financial statement and preparation, working papers and analysis.
- Arranges for on-time completion and filings of GST, PST, WCB, NRT tax returns, and statistics questionnaires.
- Annual CRA reporting for NR and T5 summary and issuance of T4A-NR’s, T5’s and IRS NEC-1099.
- Maintain accounting files and records and other important documentation in compliance with CRA and audit requirements.
- Ensure compliance with Finance & Accounting’s policies and procedures.
- Provide collegial support to the finance team and other departments as requested.
- Assist with semi-monthly payroll and administration – as needed.
- Provide back-up support for the Finance & Accounting team.
- Assist with projects and other duties as assigned.
- You have your CPA designation.
- You have 5+ years’ relevant experience, with some of that experience being in a non-profit organization.
- You are detail oriented and comfortable working with tight deadlines.
- You have strong planning, follow up and ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- You have excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- You are proficient with Microsoft Excel and Sage 300.
- You are highly self-motivated and have a strong sense of personal initiative and ownership.
- You are able to handle confidential information discreetly.
- You are excited to learn new things and grow with the organization.
What we offer:
- A collegial work environment that encourages sharing ideas and learning.
- A hybrid work environment, that offers the ability to work from our beautiful office in Kitsilano and from home.
- An opportunity to work alongside some of the most accomplished policy experts in the country.
- Professional development and advancement opportunities.
- An attractive compensation package which includes a bonus program, extended health and dental benefits, a fitness benefit and a great RRSP plan.
The Fraser Institute
1770 Burrard Street, 4th Floor
Vancouver, BC V6J 3G7
Please email your resume and cover letter (including salary expectations) to the Director, HR at: [email protected] with the subject line “Senior Accountant.”
Application deadline: November 8th, 2021. Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
We thank all candidates who wish to apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.