Senior Development Associate, Central Canada
The Fraser Institute has an opening in Toronto for a Senior Development Associate. This position is ideal for an experienced fundraising professional who is looking for a rewarding and challenging career opportunity with room for advancement. The person we seek has an interest in public policy, loves to network and can engage comfortably with high level donors.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Execute regional fundraising goals by helping create and implement a plan to meet objectives through individual and corporate donations greater than $5,000, sponsorship and table sales for the Institute’s annual fundraising galas in Central Canada and other donor engagement initiatives;
- Identify, cultivate and secure new major individual and corporate donors;
- Manage the recognition and stewardship of individual and corporate donors;
- Articulate the case for support to donors for the Institute generally and for specific research centers and projects;
- Stay current on Fraser Institute research, outreach and activities;
- Lead and manage all donor correspondence with regional donor base;
- Work closely and collaboratively with the Institute’s development team, research and program directors, and the Institute’s executive team;
- Occasional travel may be required.
- You are passionate about public policy and the Institute’s mission;
- You have worked in the non-profit sector in a similar role for a minimum of 3 years’ and have demonstrated success in reaching significant fundraising targets;
- You have professional writing and editing experience, including writing and editing fundraising emails, letters and proposals;
- You have advanced interpersonal skills that allow you to network in the business community and work with and contribute positively to a team;
- You have excellent verbal communication skills and are able to present yourself in a professional, confident manner both in person and over the phone;
- You’re an ambitious go-getter with strong organizational skills and you pay close attention to detail, with a demonstrated ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, prioritize, work to deadlines, and you are excited to learn and grow with the organization.
- You have experience with fundraising software including Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce.
- You are fluent in French.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work alongside some of the most accomplished policy experts and business leaders in the country;
- A collegial work environment that encourages sharing ideas and learning;
- Professional development and advancement opportunities;
- An attractive compensation package which includes a bonus program, extended health and dental benefits, a fitness benefit and a great RRSP plan.
The Fraser Institute
1770 Burrard Street, 4th Floor
Vancouver, BC V6J 3G7
If you are looking for a rewarding and challenging career opportunity with room to grow in a team of talented, results-driven professionals, raising in excess of $12 million annually please email your résumé and cover letter (with salary expectations) to [email protected] with the subject line “Senior Development Associate.”
Application deadline: November 1st, 2021. We will be reviewing applicants as they are received.
Please note we will be reviewing applicants as they are received and will start interviews the week of October 25th, 2021.
The Fraser Institute is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free work environment and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. Workplace accommodation are available should you be contacted regarding this competition. Please advise Human Resources of any accommodation requirements at that time.
We thank all candidates who wish to apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.