Senior Manager, Development Events
The Fraser Institute has an opening for a Senior Manager, Development Events in Vancouver. This position is ideal for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit and experience in conceiving, directing, managing and evaluating a variety of development events designed to support and enhance the development efforts of the Fraser Institute and build relations with our donors.
This is an exciting position which supports the Institute’s development (fundraising) initiatives with some of Canada’s most prominent business leaders. Reporting to the President, the Senior Manager, Development Events will be responsible for creating, directing, managing, and evaluating a variety of development events including galas, board retreats, and other donor/prospect stewardship events. The position is ideal for an innovative, highly organized individual, who possesses integrity, confidence, enthusiasm, initiative, and professionalism.
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Develop and execute an annual plan of development events with established fundraising goals in collaboration with supervisor.
- Independently, develop and execute marketing plans to meet each event’s objectives. This involves establishing and liaising with board committees for galas; and, experimenting with social media and other ways of event promotion and participant engagement.
- Develop, create, write and disseminate development event material.
- Act as a project manager for all aspects of planning and executing the Institute’s development event programs, including the logistical aspects of programs, such as liaising with guest speakers and other event participants; managing venue and audio visual arrangements; assisting with ticket, table and sponsorship sales and cultivation; managing on-site details; managing event staff and volunteers; and liaising with all participants.
- Coordinate and facilitate multiple concurrent virtual and in-person conferences, webinars, and other donor engagement events.
- Execute each event to high standards.
- Manage project budgets and monitor progress and expenditures.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned.
- You have an interest in Canadian and international current affairs and public policy and the ability to understand and explain to others the importance of the Institute’s mission and work.
- You have a Bachelor’s degree or fundraising certificate (or equivalent work experience) and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a development/event management role, with experience managing staff and event volunteers.
- You have a fundraising mindset and a proven track record of making the ‘ask’, soliciting sponsorships and/or ticket sales.
- You have strong project management experience with the ability to proactively monitor and adjust activities to respond to changing circumstances and priorities to meet goals, proactively address issues as they arise and mitigate risks associated to events; ability to act, implement and make sound decisions.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are able to present yourself in a professional demeanor.
- You’re an ambitious, self-motivated go-getter with strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with a demonstrated ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, prioritize, work to deadlines, and you are excited to learn and grow with the organization.
- You have the ability to work independently and as part of a team to produce events.
- You are a detail-oriented multi-tasker who is able to effectively manage concurrent events and initiatives with competing priorities and time-pressures.
- Experience producing virtual webinars and events is an asset.
- You are willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Travel is required.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work alongside some of the most accomplished policy experts and business leaders in the country.
- Great work culture in an active learning environment.
- Training and career development opportunities.
- An attractive compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits, MSP coverage and a great RRSP plan.
The Fraser Institute
1770 Burrard Street, 4th Floor
Vancouver, BC V6J 3G7
Please email your resumé and cover letter (including salary expectations) to the Director, Human Resources at: [email protected] with the subject line “Senior Manager, Development Events”.
Application deadline: June 30th, 2021
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. We thank all candidates who wish to apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.