1. User Agreement
By using this website, you signify your consent to and agreement to be bound by these terms, practices and policy.
This policy applies to the fraserinstitute.org websites only.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the privacy practice on this website please address them in writing to email@example.com, or by mail to Fraser Institute, 4th Floor, 1770 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, V6J 3G7.
The FRASER INSTITUTE only collects personal information from users if that user voluntarily provides us with such information by subscribing to our Email updates, registering for events, becoming a supporter of the Fraser Institute, or by submitting a question or comment to the FRASER INSTITUTE. Users are under no obligation to provide us with this information and may access our website without providing any personal information. By volunteering this information users agree to its collection for the purposes stated below.
The FRASER INSTITUTE uses the personal information collected for the following purposes:
- To provide users with Email updates (if requested) of events, new research, and activities of the Fraser Institute.
- To keep aggregate information on website use.
- To obtain user feedback on the website.
6. Collection of Information
When a user subscribes to receive Email updates from the FRASER INSTITUTE we may collect some (or all) of the following personal information:
- Email address
When a user registers for an event, or joins the Institute, some (or all) of the following personal information is collected:
- Postal Code
- Email address
- Credit Card Number, Type and Expiry Date
When submitting a comment by email to the FRASER INSTITUTE'S general mailbox firstname.lastname@example.org the following personal information is collected:
- Email address
The FRASER INSTITUTE also collects non-personally identifiable information that becomes available as a result of a user's visit to the FRASER INSTITUTE'S website. This information includes the following:
- The user's IP address (A number automatically assigned to your computer when you visit the website. Our server logs the user's IP address.)
- The user's Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- The user's Web browser.
7. Limiting Use, Disclosure & Retention
An individual's personal information is only used in connection with the purposes identified in paragraph 4 of this policy. Individual information collected by the FRASER INSTITUTE will not be sold or made available to third parties. The retention periods for personal information collected by the FRASER INSTITUTE are as follows:
- Information collected for the purpose of providing Email updates is retained until the user requests to be removed from our subscription list.
- Information collected pursuant to event registrations, and memberships is retained as long as required by the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency for tax and audit purposes.
8. Ensuring Accuracy
Users can subscribe/opt-in to receive Email updates from the FRASER INSTITUTE and email email@example.com to unsubscribe/opt-out from the FRASER INSTITUTE'S Email updates list at any time.
To ensure the protection of personal information collected by us, the FRASER INSTITUTE employs the following physical, organizational and technological security safeguards:
- Access is restricted to the FRASER INSTITUTE offices to employees and authorized individuals of the FRASER INSTITUTE only.
- Access to the FRASER INSTITUTE server containing personal information is limited to designated employees of the FRASER INSTITUTE, our web site development company, and ISP and is accessed by use of a password.
- The FRASER INSTITUTE server contains firewall protection. Further, all the FRASER INSTITUTE employees are made aware of the importance of maintaining the confidentiality of our users' personal information.
The FRASER INSTITUTE is committed to making readily available to individuals information on our policies and practices.
11. Individual Access
To review your personal information collected by the FRASER INSTITUTE, please direct your request in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail to Fraser Institute, 4th Floor, 1770 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, V6J 3G7.
12. Challenging the FRASER INSTITUTE'S Compliance
If you wish to challenge the FRASER INSTITUTE'S compliance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act please address your concerns in writing to email@example.com, or by mail to Fraser Institute, 4th Floor, 1770 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, V6J 3G7. If you are not satisfied with our response to your challenge, you may submit a complaint to your relevant national authority (in Canada, this is the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada). Please be aware relevant authorities have time limits for the lodging of such complaints, and that appeals to the decisions of such national authorities may be possible, depending upon jurisdiction.