Fraser Institute ranked top think-tank in Canada; 14th best think-tank in the world
The Fraser Institute is the top think-tank in Canada and now ranks in the top 15 among all think-tanks worldwide, according to the University of Pennsylvania’s Global Go To Think Tank Index released this week.
The annual report ranks the Fraser Institute first among 100 think-tanks in Canada and this year, ranked the Institute 14th best think tank out of more than 8,200 around the world.
“Being recognized as one of the top 15 think tanks in the world speaks volumes about the quality of research and programs produced by our diverse staff and senior fellows across Canada and the United States,” said Niels Veldhuis, Fraser Institute president.
“We are particularly proud to rank in the top ten worldwide for our digital communications including 7th for best use of the internet and 8th for best use of social media, thanks to the Fraser Institute’s leading-edge market and communications team.”
In addition to these rankings, the Fraser Institute also ranks:
- 3rd in the world for social policy research;
- 6th in the world for both national and international health policy research;
- 11th for best use of external relations and public engagement;
- 15th for most innovative policy ideas; and,
- 15th for best think tank network.
While the Fraser Institute plays a critical role within Canada, it also leads a global network of more than 120 independent think-tanks from 95 nations and territories through its Economic Freedom Network. Seven other members of that network ranked among the top 100 think-tanks in the world in this year’s index, including:
- Cato Institute (United States), 20th;
- Institute of Economic Affairs (United Kingdom), 65th;
- Libertad y Desarollo (Chile), 69th;
- Center for China and Globalization (China), 75th;
- Centre for Civil Society (India), 82nd;
- Association for Liberal Thinking (Turkey), 89th;
- Timbro (Sweden), 92nd; and
- Centro de Divulgacion del Conocimiento Economico para la Libertad (Venezuela) 99th
“The Fraser Institute supports the efforts of think tanks around the world in providing empirical research to educate citizens and contribute to fact-based debates on public policies,” Veldhuis said.
“In particular, we would like to recognize the efforts of some of our international partners for doing so well in this year’s ranking.”
More from this study
Subscribe to the Fraser Institute
Get the latest news from the Fraser Institute on the latest research studies, news and events.