Generosity in Canada: The 2022 Generosity Index
— Publié le 15, December, 2022
- Manitoba had the highest percentage of tax filers that donated to charity among the provinces (20.6%) during the 2020 tax year while Newfoundland & Labrador had the lowest (16.0%).
- Manitoba also donated the highest percentage of its aggregate income to charity among the provinces (0.73%) while Quebec donated the lowest (0.24%).
- Nationally, the percentage of Canadian tax filers donating to charity has fallen over the last decade from 23.4% in 2010 to 19.1% in 2020.
- The percentage of aggregate income donated to charity by Canadian tax filers has also decreased from 0.60% in 2010 to 0.49% in 2020.
- This decline in generosity in Canada undoubtedly limits the ability of Canadian charities to improve the quality of life in their communities and beyond.