Travel Bursary Program
After a two-year hiatus, the Fraser Institute’s travel bursary program is back! The Fraser Institute offers a limited number of travel bursaries to cover transportation and accommodation costs for BC students wanting to attend an Explore Public Policy Issues student seminar in Vancouver. We offer two seminars in Vancouver each school year – one in the fall semester and one in the winter semester. If you are passionate about the economy, business, and critical issues of the day, apply today to enjoy a challenging and inspiring day of discussion and inquiry while networking with students from across British Columbia.
2022 Fall Travel Bursary:
October 21 - 23, 2022
Coast Coal Harbour Hotel
- Airfare from the closest major BC airport to Vancouver
- Return transportation from airport to conference hotel
- Shared hotel accommodation on Friday and Saturday nights
- Attendance at the Explore Public Policy Issues seminar on Saturday
- Saturday morning breakfast, breaks, and lunch, and post-seminar reception with speakers and Fraser Institute staff
- You must be a student between the ages of 17 and 30 and currently enrolled in Grade 12, college, or university.
- You must be a resident of British Columbia who lives outside of the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island.
- If you are under 18, you must have a parent/guardian sign a consent form.
The application deadline is Monday, September 19, 2022 at 9:00 AM PST. All applicants will be notified by the end of September. Please note applications will be accepted on a rolling basis so applicants are encouraged to apply early.
Contact Education Programs
For more information, email [email protected]