– Resident Scholar and Addington Chair in Measurement, Professor Emeritus, Western Washington University
Mr. Steven Globerman is Resident Scholar and Addington Chair in Measurement at the Fraser Institute as well as Professor Emeritus at Western Washington University. Previously, he held tenured appointments at Simon Fraser University and York University and has been a visiting professor at the University of California, University of British Columbia, Stockholm School of Economics, Copenhagen School of Business, and the Helsinki School of Economics.
He has published more than 150 articles and monographs and is the author of the book The Impacts of 9/11 on Canada-U.S. Trade as well as a textbook on international business management. In the early 1990s, he was responsible for coordinating Fraser Institute research on the North American Free Trade Agreement.
In addition, Mr. Globerman has served as a researcher for two Canadian Royal Commissions on the economy as well as a research advisor to Investment Canada on the subject of foreign direct investment. He has also hosted management seminars for policymakers across North America and Asia.
Mr. Globerman was a founding member of the Association for Cultural Economics and is currently a member of the American and Canadian Economics Associations, the Academy of International Business, and the Academy of Management.
He earned his BA in economics from Brooklyn College, his MA from the University of California, Los Angeles, and his PhD from New York University.
Recent Research by Steven Globerman
- Executive Summary
- Read the Full Publication
- Chapter 1 - The Connection between Entrepreneurship and Economic Prosperity: Theory and Evidence
- Chapter 2 - The Effect of Demographic Trends on Entrepreneurship Rates: Theory and Evidence
- Chapter 3 - Small Business Entry Rates, Demography, and Productivity Performance in Selected Developed Countries
- Chapter 4 - Taxation and Entrepreneurship
- Chapter 5 - Spurring Entrepreneurship through Capital Gains Tax Reform
- Chapter 6 - Financial Markets, Laws, and Entrepreneurship
- Chapter 7 - Universities and the Entrepreneurship Ecosystem
- Chapter 8 - Liberty’s Unfinished Business: How to Eliminate Political Barriers to Global Entrepreneurship
- Chapter 9 - Immigrant Entrepreneurship: Drivers, Economic Effects, and Policy Implications
- Chapter 10 - The Bourgeois Deal: Leave Me Alone, and I’ll Make You Rich
- About the Authors
- View the Infographic - Decline in Key Entrepreneurial Age Group
- View the Infographic - Decline in Entrepreneurship
- View the Infographic - Government Incentives for Entrepreneurs
- View the Infographic - Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Read the News Release - Canada
- Read the News Release - U.S.